Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Everything is different now*

*References this moment from Gravity Falls

Thanks to everyone for all the birthday wishes! The Hermanas made French Toast. So Gringo. So good, and now I´ve completed my first Birthday in the Mission. One down, one to go.

Hermana Bazaes is now safely home, because I totes killed her. In a missionary sense. May she rest in Peace. But boy was it a wild ride to get everyone packed and ready to go.

In other news... the sector of Curanilahue is now Closed for missionaries until further notice. oops. I guess I just have that effect on people and places...

And because there are no longer missionaries in Curanilahue, and Hermana Chavez and Hermana Bazaes left, Hermana Rocha and I spent the last day of the Cambio cleaning the Casa of Curanilahue. It was.... a hot and crusty mess. But now it´s all clean! And also empty. Except for maybe one yogurt which we may or may not have forgotten in the fridge. heh.

I'm now in Cabrero, Los Angeles. It´s a little Pueblito. Very, very small. so tiny. But SO HOT. It's like a sauna.... it's like someone's barbecuing in a sauna. What in the fweet happened? like, 40 degrees Celcius. I don't even know how to convert those numbers. [that's 104 F]

But wait, There´s more....
I'M IN A TRIO HERE. 3 companions in 3 transfers. I´m 3 for 3 here. Now I´m with Hermana Lopez (of Honduras) and Hermana Fança (of Brazil). And it's just us here. But it´s completely different from Curanilahue. Very, very much the opposite. Everything is different now. But different isn´t bad.

Here's one thing I learned this week: Change is hard. Change is really hard. But I like what Elder Christofferson said in his talk about the little tree that is cut down by the gardener. There´s a really great video, something like, "The Will of God," that I would recommend to y'all. Anyways, change is hard, but hard is good. Hard means we are doing things that will help us to grow and become more like our Savior. Hard means we aren't doing things easy or lazy, or for ourselves. God loves it when we do hard things.

We will see you all for Christmas!!!
Feliz Navidad!

-Hermana Baer




No comments:

Post a Comment