Monday, March 19, 2018

You are one silly goose*

[*references this Supernatural gag reel.]

Mostly because we live like crazy people, Hermana Salmeron and I. probably because.... we are crazy people.

Today we uncovered a great Chilean secret recipe: HUMITAS. they’re basically tomales, but turns out they take like 7 hours to make, or in other words, one whole p-day. And for this delicious blessing you will now be referred to a short and sweet summary of what we did this week.

-We had a mulitzone [conference] with Presidente Teixeira, our area president. It was great and we were spiritually destroyed, during and afterwards. The thing he said that most impressed me was this: If you have to choose between being trusted or loved, choose first to be trusted. Love will follow. It may be because he said it in English. But it’s true. And I like it.

-One time we were contacting for 5 hours when a little girl popped up from behind a fence and said, "Hey, are you the Mormon missionaries?" and we said ".......yes." and she screamed, "GREAT BECAUSE I’M NINE YEARS OLD AND I WANT TO BE MORMON!!!!" and we said, "wat in de fweet is going on here??" And that’s how we met Victoria.

-We spent another day contacting and looking for a reference and we found her. It doesn’t sound very exciting but we were thrilled, people. Thrilled I tell you. Miracles are real.

- In my study I learned a lot of things mostly I just felt good reading the scriptures. Hermana Teixeira reminded us of the importance of the Book of Mormon, so I’m gonna pass her message along. Use the Book of Mormon Everyday. Pls. It’s so good.

-Deep doctrine. Hermana Salmeron and I are crazy and we sometimes get carried away. Whadya think, could the Liahona be an Urim and Thumim? What even happened to the Sword of Laban? Are the stories of a young Abraham destroying the wooden idols of his father true?

And lastly a challenge: Where are the missionaries in your ward (Family, did you know there are 4 Elders in our ward? I wonder what they are doing right......now...)

We’re praying for all of you, and love to hear what you’re doing.
Cuídense! Nos vemos!
 -Hermana Baer

#Foodie_Fotos






No comments:

Post a Comment