Wednesday, April 25, 2018

The good news is we’re landing soon.

The bad news is.... we’re crash landing. [from Madagascar 2]

Oh ye of little faith. Could ye not watch with me one hour? Thanks for your prayers, and I’m sure it’s all very inspired, but Hermana Salmerón and I finished our time together. so sad. It was weird to leave Cabrero, and mostly leave my companion there. But it’s okay. the mission is like that. SOME VERY CRAZY STUFF HAPPENED.

It all began when Hermana Salmeron was a little very sick with influenza. Then for some reason she decided to faint in the shower. And great was the fall thereof. She definitely dislocated her right knee. Like, a lot. so we called a member and drove to 3 different hospitals all of which said, "Why on earth would we have service for an emergency??"
But it’s fine. We finally found a consultorio and she got some x-rays and she is now resting in peace.
BUT NOT BEFORE WE TOOK 4 BUSES AND BORROWED A WHEELCHAIR AND ALSO CRUTCHES TO GO TO A CHAPEL OPEN HOUSE 3 HOURS FROM OUR SECTOR. What a treat. lemme tell ya. She will be resting for quite some time.

But now I’m living in Tolhuaca/Victoria, in the South. What the--? it’s cold out here. Suddenly. But no worries I have many coats of one color. And my new companion is Hermana Hansen. My first Gringa companion! She’s pretty cool. I think we’re going to get along just fine. Turns out we’re like the same person. She even lived in the Branbury for a hot second. What a small, crazy little world.

This week I was reading the scriptures. Mostly Isaiah. Which is even more difficult in Spanish, just so you know. But I like it a lot. Our challenge as a mission is to read the scriptures and mark the words of Christ.... Isaiah is a whole new level of challenge. It’s interesting to read and re-read the words of the prophets, and then discover that "whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants it is the same. Sooooooo maybe I should just mark all of the Book of Mormon??? I dunno. I just know the Book of Mormon is fabulous.

I’m done. Kay bye.

Photos:
Activity with the Rama.... so gross so fun. Hna Salmeron, Our Rama Mision leader, and an investigator. 

The Hermanas of Los Angeles.

Johann Sebastian Vach. the very much lesser known composer. Chile is so special.

P.S. The 1 of May is a holiday in Chile, so the cibers will be closed, probably. See you all..... Wednesday maybe.


No comments:

Post a Comment